As a homeowner in San Antonio, you know that there are always things to take care of around the house. And, unless you’re a professional contractor, you may not be entirely sure what needs to be done and when. So, when it comes time to think about air duct repair or replacement, what should you do? Attic Pro will help guide you through the process of deciding whether or not you need an air duct repair or replacement – and how to go about getting one if you do!
WHY SHOULD AIR DUCTS BE REPAIRED OR REPLACED?
Air ducts get damaged from a number of factors such as age, rodent damage, poor installation and other factors.
Damaged air duct affect the indoor environment in two main ways:
When your air duct is damaged, cold air is lost before it effectively cools the indoor space. Which makes your HVAC system work harder, therefore it uses more energy and drives your utility bills up.
Once a leak is suspected, your air duct must be repaired ASAP or molds, dust, mites, pollen, bacteria, asbestos and other allergens may contaminate the air in your home.
Attic Pro repairs air ducts as well as replaces air ducts to keep your HVAC system efficient, comfortable and clean in the event of an air duct leak.
What if your air duct doesn’t need a repair, but a replacement? Here are what you need to look out for:
- Age – Air ducts experience wear and tear, which is why it is important to have your ductwork checked and likely replaced every 10 years or so.
2. Poor Airflow Air ducts – When your ductwork is damaged, old, filthy, or clogged in any way, your home is likely to suffer the consequences- high energy bills and discomfort and it may be time for a replacement.
3. Dents & Punctures – Your home’s air ducts are strategically designed and placed to ensure that your home can fully benefit from your air conditioning unit. If you can see dents or punctures in your ductwork, call a professional to assess the damage.
4. Mold, Odor & Mold spores – Mold is always a severe problem, especially if it gets into your ductwork and when this happens, every time you turn on your HVAC system, it will spread mold spores and foul odors throughout your home. Mold in your ductwork can create a ton of problems. Replacing it is always the best solution.
5. Improper Design/Installation – Ductwork systems are strategically designed and installed throughout your home in order to optimally cool every space while maintaining efficiency, energy usage, and performance. Improper installation is one of the leading causes of residential energy loss.
Call Attic Pro! Our professional technicians are fully licensed and trained to provide you with the best solution available.
1646 Vista Del Monte San Antonio, TX 78216